Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 10 May 2018

Morning at Reddish Vale, 10.5.2018.

Quick visit morning visit to Reddish Vale today as we had the Gas engineer coming at 1300 hrs!.
After a chat and a cuppa in the info centre set off round the lakes.

 Look how big the Coot babies we saw on Sunday have grown, mind you they are being good and eating their greens.

They have to get on their feet and bulk up before they become someone elses dinner don't they.

Underneath the arches, that's an old song isn't it?, don't really remember it myself.



The workers have tried to soften the old brickwork with some nice plantings.

Cooling off in the river.

One of the regulars.

Oooh that's so good!.

Lady in waiting Still!.

And her mate still trying to dominate the whole lake
.

Careful Pepe, he'll have you 

Terrapins still sunning themselves 


A few head shots if you'll excuse the pun.

Plenty of serrations on that beak 

Has he just heard one of my risky jokes?. 

My first from Reddish!.
A yellow Grey Wagtail.


Last but not least a video of this weeks Coot babies.


So there you have it, nearly the weekend again.
A visit to friends Bob & Joyce ended another nice day.

............................................................................................
Do you know why turtle wax is so expensive?, 
because turtles have very small ears.

Did you hear of the snake that said to his mate, Are we poisonous as I've just bitten my lip!!.

Why did the cannibal become a policeman?, 
so he could grill suspects!.

Small Cannibal: I hate my teacher!.
Mother cannibal: Well, just eat your chips!
......................................................................    





No comments:

Post a Comment