Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 9 May 2018

Bank Holiday Monday at Daisy Nook, 7.5.2018.

Was at Daisy Nook early on the Monday as I thought it would be busy but got a parking space easy enough, and its Free I might add!.

After a cuppa and a Bacon buttie it was off round the lakes and canals with the camera,
on the canal behind Sammy's Basin.


 the Female Swan was still on her nest, with no sign of any Cygnets yet.


The big Boss was on patrol up and down the canal seeing off all comers




Didn't seen to bother this Heron though, he was still doing his staring act same as the last time I saw him, good for photographers though aren't they, if you can't get a good picture of a heron there's something wrong with you!.


Mind you a lot of people don't even see them as they are on their mobiles, the people that is not the Heron's!


What you looking at Mr Swan?.


Full Zoom, not getting too close to that sharp beak!.



Watched this big guy struggling through the shallows back from Crime Lake, nothing to give you scale of it but it was at least 14ins long and 4ins wide and I'm not a fisherman saying that!



You can almost hear the fishermen wishing they were in Sammy's Basin.


The Canal was full of them.

The Terror-Pin was sunning itself on a stump in the middle of the canal too.


Quite colourful up close aren't they, see my previous post for the ones at Reddish Vale the day before.


This fellow is due some brownie points bringing this big twig back to the nest


Well that's it, hope you managed to get out and enjoy the good weather over the holiday, was reported as the best Bank Holiday weather Ever!.

Back home I've have got a family of young Sparrows on my feeders, nice to see them as its been reported that they were on the decline, and yesterday spotted my first Blue Tit in the garden, word must be getting around, there's some good Fleetwood seed and Fat balls here!.
Though the dirty Living room window!, must make the effort and clean it now the birds are coming!.



..............................................................................

Man walked into a bar and went Aaagh, It was an iron bar!.

She said she was approaching forty, I couldn't help wondering from which direction!.

The good news about being middle aged is that the glass is still half full.
The bad news is that pretty soon your teeth will be floating in it.

Middle age is when you chose the cereal for its fibre content, not the free toy.
................................................................
Its the way I tell em!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment