Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 6 January 2018

Today at Daisy Nook Country Park, 6.1.2017

Today, whilst quite sunny at Daisy Nook Country Park, it was freezing cold and after the usual Bacon and sausage muffin, set off round the park carrying Pepe has the mud would have been up to his armpits.
For my birthday my son and daughter in law, had bought me one of these,

So off we went with this on my wrist, though it hadn't been set up very well.
I was surprised to see later that I had done over 5,000 steps, though I only went as far as I usually do to find some wildlife to snap!.

Today was lucky enough to see three pair of Goosanders on the fishing lake.
This is a  male,  


Females, more colourful, which is unusual as the males are usually the ones with more colour aren't they, there again perhaps others think the males are best, perhaps its my liking of ginger birds, my first girlfriend was ginger haired.  
Why do guys call girls Birds?, is it because they are always picking up worms?.



The national bird.

Is he still there with his camera?.

Longtailed Tits, synchronised feeding?. 

Such delicate little things aren't they.


So small to cope with this weather!.
Me and my Shadow.


Chaffinches.



Blackbird, need to be a big pie to get four and twenty of these into it!, (English poem)

Never seen one of these nuthatches until this last year and now they seem quite common.

So with hands, frozen it was back to the Cafe and noticed they had hot soup, potato & leek with a roll, so thought that was just the job to warm me up.
Nicely presented too, loverly jubberly as Mr Larkin used to say.

Nice meeting place at the Park Cafe for walkers, runners and Dog owners, all welcomed with nice hot food and  friendly staff what more could you want on a freezing cold day!.

On the way to the car saw these common but beautiful birds 


So off home with a nice doggy bag for Pepe's dinner.
Then realised friends Bob and Joyce should be over the worse of their colds and sniffles so called in there, I think they like to see Pepe on a regular basis.
Glad to see they were on the mend and there was a friend from the boat club picking up some of Bob's items he had advertised on my other Blog, the Model Boat Club website.
So all in all another good day, sunny but cold though getting lighter now thank goodness!.
............................................................

Happiness; good health and a bad memory.

If I do any decorating I use my step ladder, I don't get on with my real ladder.
........................................................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment