Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 12 June 2017

Monday at the Vale,12.6.17.

As the Cafe at Etherow is closed for renovations for the next two weeks decided to go to Reddish Vale again today.
We had breakfast first at McDonalds, though there is a Cafe/Tearooms at the Vale and here is the sort of thing you can expect there.
The weather looked a bit doubtful for sitting outside with Pepe there so that's what decided us for McDonalds.

And a specials board!


This is the view from the Cafe, the riding school saddling up


The first thing to greet us at the Vale today was this beautiful Heron 

It even flew on to the fence so I could take his picture better.

Then the ones I'd been trying to get for the past few days, the young cygnets with their parents

Mum seemed to be stamping her feet in the water to bring up the sediment and then pull up a string of green weed for the babies to pick though!.


Try this kids!.





Bottoms up.





Then big Daddy stood up in the water and started honking loudly, I though we had disturbed them but it seemed that feeding time was over and it was time to go back to the nest for a siesta.


No ifs, but's or arguments, off they all trouped with him. 


And so to bed, have to learn fast don't they or the consequences are very hard and no second chances for the ones that stray too far!.


Think these are young Chaffinches.




This is an adult Male


Black headed Gull.


Sparrow.


And a young one.


A Magpie, he didn't stay long after cleaning up all the seed put out.




This cheeky squirrel checking out Pepe


No threat so settled down to eat!.

So it was back to the centre for a drink and there was this Squirrel though the window stuffing itself with seed put out for the birds.
Turned out well though the window I thought.


Had the car park to myself today
except for this Robin, still you can't fall out with anyone on your own hey!.



.............................................................................
How do you know if your cat has eaten a duckling?.
It's got that down-in -the-mouth look!.

Where there's a will,
I want to be in it!.
.............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment