Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 23 June 2017

Friday ,23.6.2017.

A big change in the weather today, dull and drizzly, consequently no one I knew at the lake, in fact visitors few and far between.
Had a drink in the Garden  Centre cafe and after a chat with Maggi the owner it was off on a short walk round the lake!.
Here are a few pictures taken on an earlier visit to Reddish Vale this week.
Just not good enough, but getting there.


A moorhen with her baby

Large feet but not as webbed as the a coot. 
Excuse me if you think I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs as they say, but like you maybe, I'm in a learning situation as well and just passing on the information.

Majestic.

Hiding.

Baby Mallards


Juvenile Coot just starting to get his/her White forehead marking. 


A couple of Baby Coots from Etherow, Red heads in the early stages, but then as above



And the odd chaffinch!.

Synchronised Swimming!


Well, that's it for today, at least it was a bit cooler, we are never satisfied are we!, one day its too hot and the next it's too dull and showery, still that's what we Brit's do isn't it, complain about the weather, we are lucky that's all we have to worry about I suppose!.
.........................................................................................................

I'm saving for a rainy day,
So far I've got a sou'wester, two mackintoshes and a Canoe!.

A vasectomy is never having to say you're sorry!.

Always keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.
............................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment