Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 13 May 2017

Saturday,13th.May 2017.

What started out as a dull drizzly day turned out not too bad after all!.
After a chat at the Lake Cafe at Etherow with friends heard than a pair of the Canadian Geese had some babies, so it was off round the lake with camera and Pepe in tow.
Came across the happy family on the canal side up passed the garden centre.








Also seen on the big lake this Great crested grebe!, still without a mate unfortunately. 


Seen earlier in the week was a few more wild life Stars!
A couple of Herons.


A squirrel. 

Robin.

A goosander, (Female)

Did a bit of gardening this week as well!, on the way home from the cinema on Friday called at Mockridge nursery, got some compost cheaper than most places I know.

A nice Standard Acer and a bulldog, not a real one I quickly add!, Pepe would kill it if he got stuck in its throat wouldn't he!.


Might get to paint it when I have an idle moment!, watch this space!

There on the right is the new Acer planted up.

My Clematis, "Josephine" is doing well this year, not seen another Clematis to match it. 

Keeps opening up and looking better than ever.

And there is good old Pepe doing his best to help me do the watering, no need to really Pepe, it rained yesterday and the new water butt is doing a great job collecting water which I've already used with a watering can.

Today's buy was this nice Red Cordyline  'Red Star' to go in the raised tub, fancied one in the past, but always worried about Pepe walking into it and getting poked in the eye!, so he should be alright with this one up high!
....................................................................................
Looks like my mate Bob, will have to have a look next time I see him!.

Did you hear about the cannibal who passed his mother in the woods.

Or the cannibal who went on a diet and only ate midgets!.

Two cannibals are having dinner, "Your wive makes a great roast" says one.
"I know" said the other "but I'm going to miss her"".

Its the way I tell em!!.
.........................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment