Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Reddish Vale, 14th May 2017.

This weekend at the Vale, was nice to see that the great Crested Grebes were all doing well and swimming with their parents, though the last one born was still having a piggyback with mum!.




Baby not even getting off for a drink!.








Afternoon nap.

Terror-pin!.

This picture perhaps gives you an idea of the size of the terror-pin against a coot.


Moorhen with babies.






Dad helping out too.


Heron.


flew to the side where people had been feeding ducks,


picked up a large piece of bread and dunked it in the water before eating it!.
Friend Bob had told me in the week that he had seen a crow in his garden do the same in the bird bath!


Can they read our minds because it flew over to where I was stood and about six feet away, I could imagine it saying"Anything a Crow can do I can do".
Or is that my fertile imagination running away with me again!.


Then off he went to stand guard in his usual place for fish.


Down the path to the river to see if I could spot a Kingfisher.
No such luck, but still a nice walk.

One person's rubbish is someone else's bed. 


With its grey head I think this is a House Sparrow, getting rarer these days.

This one has some babies.

Feeding time, ever few minutes it seems!.


My Clematis "Josephine" is doing very well this year, plenty of flowers like this!.


..............................................................................................

Today's laughter.



..............................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment