Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 29 May 2017

Bank Holiday weekend.26-28.5.17.

Over the Bank Holiday weekend, we went to Reddish Vale as its a bit quieter and the car parking isn't as bad as Etherow Park, which also had a motor bike Do on!
No problem with motorbikes as I used to be a motorcyclist in my younger days!.

Its so quite at Reddish Vale even with the trains passing on the viaduct now and then.

Plenty of wildlife here, more than Etherow which seems to be hurt by its own popularity, plus it seems to have a better budget and the friends of Reddish Vale seem very good at keeping the place nicely maintained!.

The start of the Butterfly Garden.




In the information Centre
The Baby Blue Tits were all doing well and flexing their wings and it was understood that it wouldn't be long before they were off and in fact I learned from friends Mary & Peter that they had visited the next day and they were all gone!.

Outside the Centre there was a a group of horse riders, I found out on chatting to one of them they weren't from the riding centre there, but had ridden over from somewhere else for the ride.

Beautiful creatures aren't they.

This one was called 'Dumplin' the horse not the Lady I hasten to add!.
I like a good hat as you know, even this horse had one on, stops the fly going down their ears I was told!, would have loved a ride on one, will have to check if the riding centre there do pony trekking.
 

The swan that was attacked by the dog a couple of weeks ago seems to be alright and settled down again, but still wary of people and who can blame them, there are some wicked people about as we in Manchester know all too well!



Now the baby Grebes are growing up fast and diving for food themselves, the parents were doing their mating dance which is beautiful to see but hard to get a photo right, this is the best I could get for you!.
So we could be in for a second brood soon.

I needed that he's saying isn't he

I've told you our Freddie push off!



Asleep!.

Tiring this fishing for one's self.

Woodie.

On the Sunday we went to John Lewis and bought a new camera, but looking back on some of these pictures I wonder why?, still we will have to see as this new one has a 83x Zoom whereas the one that took these pictures is only 50x zoom, will have to get out the tripod for this one, its a lot heavier and trying to keep it still at that zoom will be difficult.
Still as I said we will have to wait and see, its had some good reviews in the forums on the internet!. 

.....................................................................................

Why do they lock petrol station toilets? 
Are they afraid someone will clean them!.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?.

Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients, but dish washing liquid contains real lemons?.

Peter went to a seafood disco last night and managed to pull a mussel!.

Did you hear of the newbie who went ice fishing and caught fifty pounds of ice and his wife drown trying to cook it!.
..................................................................................... 



No comments:

Post a Comment