Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 1 April 2017

This week at the lake, 29th 3 2017.

This week at the lake it was friend Jean's birthday!, and as she had not long been out of hospital after having her Thyroid out, which involved having her throat cut ear to ear , it was nice to see her back at the park with her daughter and Button her dog!.
We had a little party and even had a birthday cake, brought out by Hannah with candles and all!.









Mary in the Purple did this picture of Pepe and I with Jean's present from us.
Reminds me of one of my favourite films "Message in a Bottle", 







When I got home the Water board was fitting my water meter, a bit of a panic with my toilet after that, but the less said about that the better, just to say than my Number one Son John came and saved the day, One couldn't ask for a better son, always there when he's needed!!.

Friday, Pepe and I went to Reddish Vale for a change and was surprised to see the amount of people there midweek.

 

Happy now he's had his treat from behind the counter.

The TV screen showing a Blue Tit building her nest in a box behind the centre, or is it a male building one to entice a female?.

The Friends of the Vale look as if they have been busy!.

Meanwhile round the lakes.

Watching all the girls go by!.

This big boy was seeing off everyone, they are nesting on the other side of the lake, was quite successful, last year and managed to rear 4 goslings though unfortunately only two survived.  

lovely birds.




Plenty of Chaffinches about. 

Doves 

And my favourite birds, The Great Crested Grebes were already nesting.



Just before we left, Pepe nearly stood on this toad!, he will never make a sniffer dog, there again perhaps if you had a sausage in your pocket he might sniff that out!.
I don't think he could eat a full one of these though!.

Last but not least Friday, I received this in the post!.
Its been a long time coming but well worth the wait, been four and a half years, it was a three years waiting list but now its up five years!
As you can see Velda's name on an Eddie Stobart truck!.

The truck is based in Goresbrook near to Dagenham I think, so if there's anyone reading this from in that area would appreciate a picture!!. 



Found this picture on Eddie's website!, still be nice to get one of my own!.

Perhaps the driver will get a trip into Manchester will have to keep an eye on the Eddie App on my phone!.
..................................................................................................

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted!. Mae West.

Why are they called stairs inside but steps outside?.

If Polish people are called Poles, Why aren't people from Holland Called Holes?.
....................................................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment