Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 27 March 2017

Day at the lake,27.3.2017.

It was a beautiful sunny day at the lake today, plenty of visitors!.

One of our members Eric from the Model Boat Club turned up with this nice Scratchbuilt schooner.


Also a Scratchbuilt tug he had built a few years earlier!

So after a chat and the usual photo take it was off home.

On the way home was going to call at "The Windmill" for dinner but then realised it would be too hot in the car to leave Pepe!, so it was carry on to McDonalds and sit in the park car park opposite with the doors open whilst we had dinner.
Then it was home and out to the garden with the boat, masking tape and paper to prepare for spraying with the nice warm sunny weather.

It was the Green on the hull today, if you have been following the build you will remember I sprayed the bottom of the hull Black a few weeks ago!




Then it was on to the Superstructure, rear cabin!, undercoating.

Getting carried away now, 

You might be wondering what I'm using to stand the items on?, I've found that the wheely bin is ideal! a plastic cover on and off you go!, you can get all round and even move it about whilst your at it.

Bob the Builder has fitted the smoke unit into the larger of the two chimney's he's made me, and what a beautiful job he's made of them, as usual I might add.

And with those famous Blue Peter words, Here is one he made earlier and I finished painting!.

A friend asked me at the lake what I used to paint with other than spray paint?,
Here are a couple of garden ornaments I did a few years ago, and they are still looking alright aren't they, all done in acrylic paints bought from a craft shop., then sprayed with acrylic Lacquer to seal it. You can get that in Matt, Satin and Gloss!.
.
My Green Goddess from my days in the Auxiliary Fire Service. 

and I just had to have this one didn't I.

...................................................................................................

Fred had a stereo system in his car, 
His wife in the front and her mother in the back!

Do you know why Turtle Wax is so expensive?.
Because Turtles have really tiny ears.

Charlie's wife tried a mud pack to make herself more attractive,
It worked for a while, then it fell off!.
.................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment