Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 March 2017

Back again, March 2017

Been to the Ellesmere Model Boat show this past weekend, 4th/5th March.
I went with Pal Bob the Abell in his car. on the Saturday, I think he thinks I drive too fast, prob-abelly do in the new car!.
This is the place we went to, good for a visit even when its not the Model Boat show.

 






The large white thing behind the building is a ship going down the River Mersey!


One of the model warships had a full military band coming up on the plane lift playing "Life on the ocean waves" which was quite a novelty.



Another of my favourites on the day was this Narra Boat, same size as my present build project

There was even a few trucks on display, here a nice "Eddie Stobart", fancied making one of these models but the price is a bit too rich for me, I'm still waiting for "Velda's name to appear on a truck, waiting time for a name has gone for Two to Four years!. 


With my interest in Canal boats found these exhibits  


As you can see on this write up, the canal children had one plus in their lives, fresh air, rather than the kids in the smoky towns!


Spot "Duckie"

This chap said "All these beautiful model boats and you are going on about a duck!, I didn't enlighten him that my AKA was "Duckie" and that I had a better one at home, I don't like to see grown men cry!.

It is a big Quacker though isn't it.

A right rogues gallery hey!, two on the left are friends from Colwyn Bay MBC, one on the right is Dave from our club at Etherow MBC, and the one in the hat seems to have something missing?, and no Pepe isn't in the trolley, he was spending the day with his Auntie Joyce,, Bob's Wife.

Good friend Bob the Builder!.
Beautiful sunny day, the sun shines on the righteous they say don't they, got everything on my shopping list which was also a bonus!. 

Wake up at the back there nearly finished now!

So endeth the lesson.
AMEN.

If you want to see more of the Boat show  click on the links on the right hand side, Parts 1.2.3., full coverage this year!
................................................................................................
What's he doing with his Boat build I heard you saying?.
Have got the servo for the rudder all ready to fix in the boat.
Only the spray painting to do now but waiting for a bit warmer weather!.




.............................................................................................................
Went to see the film "The Great Wall" last week and low and behold they are starting to rebuild the wall outside Etherow Country Park where we go, thought this picture was about right.
One working and two watching him



Bob is wondering if they find anything when they take the wall down, but I think the only thing there is us Old Fossils.

What's it for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment