Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Friday in Bakewell.

A Friday in Bakewell.

This past Friday being a beautiful sunny day again, Marjorie, Pepe and I had a trip out to Bakewell, stopping on the way at Buxton again for a cuppa and a quick look round the shops.
Whilst at this Cafe a young lady in an electric wheelchair asked could she stroke Pepe, I said we can do better than that and sat Pepe on her lap, she said with a tear in her eye that it had made her day, and seeing her so happy made my day.

Then it was onwards to Bakewell, where we had lunch at a Cafe in a courtyard with vines overhead, very picturesque, But it had changed hands since our visit last year and wasn't as good, still move on and try somewhere else next time hey!.

Walking down by the river to see the wildfowl, first thing to strike you is the Love Locks on the wires of the bridge.
Must be a new craze I thought and as soon as i got home googled Bakewell, Bridge, and Padlocks and it is a craze that's going round Europe it seems and started in Paris!


Pepe not too sure of it! and Marjorie admiring the the Duckie's excuse the pun!.

This is the first bridge to be effected and look at it now!


The article even mentions Bakewell and a picture of Bakewell's bridge like mine.

Your cup of tea or an eyesore?, depends on your age I suppose and the person you are with at the time.
Mr & Mrs Chubb will be happy though hey!.

Well another nice interesting day, hope I've not started the wheel rolling in Manchester with this craze or haven't I just not seen it here already!.
......................................................................................

Thats it again Folks!.


......................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment