Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 21 February 2015

The past weeks bargains 21.2.2015

The past weeks bargains.21.2.2015

The past week Marjorie and I have been to Hyde Little Theatre, where her daughter was playing one of the Ladies in the play below,

Stephanie played the Mother hen type keeping an eye on the other three Ladies, who were on a once in a lifetime holiday to Australia, though I'm not in any way a critic, and it was the first play I've been to, I found the whole experience very good and though it was the first night and cast were all amateurs it was a smooth and enjoyable night, and we finished up in the upstairs bar with the cast afterwards, and as I said before most enjoyable.
..........................................................................
Yesterday we went to Uppermill garden centre and bought a Squirrel, no not a real one, plenty of those in Marjories garden.
No this was a plastic one on the damaged shelf, it had an ear missing, I thought a bit of Milliput will soon solve that problem, asked how much and was told £24.99!!, but there's  another outside with two ears missing for £7.99 said I, after seeing the manager the assistant said you can have it for the lower price!.

Here is the earless squirrel and a tube of Milliput


5 Minutes after getting home, his ear is back and now waiting to harden and then a drop of paint to blend in the odd bits and scratches.


Went to Age UK charity shop in the high street  as well, it helps them and plenty of good bargains there.
Another bargain of the week was a nice plant pot for a £1, and a new M & S shirt £3, can't be bad still in the original packaging!, that pot looks a bit like Moorcroft doesn't it?, sadly not though.


 Here it is with a nice plant in, A Mother- in- laws tongue.


Then of course there was a new toy for Pepe, no chance for a better picture, too busy worrying it to death!.

Whilst at Uppermill went to a small Cafe there, (near the car park at the playground), there was some nice 50s, 60's  and 70's music in the background, which was a nice change instead of the racket playing in most Cafes and pubs where the clientele are too old to stand that type of music, a nice change and makes you want to go back there in the future!, we had a little sing along and remembering the artists between us!, you could still remember the words from years ago, todays music you can't remember next week or it it just me in my old age?? 

When to the lake today (Saturday) but it was a blizzard of sleet so didn't stay too long there!.
...................................................................................

When the nurse told my Mother that she had an eight pound bundle of joy, my mother said thank goodness the laundry's back!. 

Some dogs are pointers, mines a nudger, hes too polite to point!.

I promised my lady friend a mink for her birthday on one condition!.
She had to keep its cage clean!.
......................................................................................................
That's all for now folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment