Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Autumn 2014.

As you can see its Autumn here in Greater Manchester and I've had Son John change the top picture to reflect that.
Pepe and I have been out and about and not let the weather deter us too much, he doesn't have too much of a say in it really does he!.
Last week he had a wash, shampoo and trim at Mucky pups in Oldham, same place John goes to with his Cockapoos, Jessie and Max.
This is Pepe before he was trimmed.

The nice tree we are in front of, I believe its a Tibetan Cherry?.
  
A walk round the lakes shows a mass of leaves that the model boat members don't like as they get into the props of their boats  

Another hybrid duck, seems to be a lot of them about this year.


Here is Pepe at his happiest, off the lead, have to watch for other dogs about though. 

All trimmed and washed.

 Sausages for a treat then?.
Stay!.

Sunday I went to Ashton Chapel as it was their 50th anniversary of the build and all round the walls in the cultural hall were pictures of people over the years.

There was all sorts of events of people over the years and there was one of my Son John in period costume!

Bishop Teal.
There was a chance to Munch and mingle afterwards, very nice.

Yesterday we went to the lake again though the weather wasn't too clever and met Bob and his wife Joyce and had a drink and a good natter at the cafe.

After a walk with Pepe got back to the Cafe and there was some good entertainment on at the side of the Cafe as two guys were cutting down a big tree!.
You have to be aware of the branch you are cutting in this job hey and no stepping back to admire you work.




On the way back to the car just in time to spot a Cormorant diving about on our boating lake, they are usually on the big lake, first time I've seen them this year.


Marjorie and I should have been going out today, but with the weather so bad we decided to give it a miss until another day, tail end of the weather from America!.

Well thats it for now folks, keep a check out for other days out and about!.
............................................................................

 

No comments:

Post a Comment