Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 13 March 2014

Nice weather in Manchester

Nice weather in Manchester the past couple of days I'm glad to say, so it was out with the gardening tools and into the garden yesterday much to Pepe's delight.
Pepe thinks that even birds flying over his garden are trespassing and his bark is quite piercing with my hearing aids recalibrated now, but at least I have the option to turn them off!, shame for the neighbors though.
So had a full day in the garden and here are the fruits of my labours,
  This section that used to be a tall BBQ was cut down and for the past few years was just filled with pebbles, so yesterday I scooped out all the pebbles and filled it with matured compost bought at a garden centre earlier in the month and this is the result, hopefully it will be good draining as that's what it says these Alpine plants need, we shall see!. 

 Then it was over to another part of the concrete jungle to plant this other Alpine which is supposed to trail over everything.

 This other alpine called rainbow was put into this container and hopefully will spread and trail over the side.

After that it was out with the garden chairs and the Sun Blind as it was getting a bit warm by then, or was it just me working in the sun?, you have to watch over doing it in the garden at my age!, as I found out when I was in the Ambulance Service, so it was out with the Gottle of Gear that Friend Bob had given me to try (Belgian) and my current book (Jeffrey Deaver) and my feet up. As you can see Pepe also brings all his toys out, and takes them all in when he thinks they've had enough, funny dog!, but there again he's been brought up to be tidy.

Perhaps it's time to remove the icicles off the header picture, but there again it's still only the middle of March so might be tempting fate hey!
.....................................................................
Fred was an Atheist, but he gave it up as he said there were no holiday's.

When a barber cuts another's hair, which one does the talking?.

She approached the hairdresser,
"What do you have for grey hair?"
"The greatest respect, madam".

The better a woman looks, the longer a man does!.

Life is full of complications, Even when you are born there is a string attached.
..............................................................
That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment