Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Boat trials and tribulations

The week before last went with friend Bob for the trials on his latest model boat "Brutus", I'd forgot to mention it until my Sister from OZ asked how we went on, and here is the story!. 

No the tests were a big failure, but there again it was a big laugh from start to finish.
First Bob arrived in his camper, I had also told our friend Charlie, who is a laugh a minute any way, what was going on!.
First we all had dinner in Bob's camper, beans on toast with beetroot which they both thought was funny to start, but I've been having it that way for years,

My Dinner

Charlie tucking in

Bob the Chief cook and bottle washer

Bob's carrier

I can fix it!.

No!, you can't have a ride Pepe

Then it was on to the water with the boat, it slowly crept the middle of the lake and stopped, I said I will get the rescue boat out as I normally do, Bob said I'll come with you?, when I was rowing to the model Bob said "I have trouble getting out of the Bath and this boat is a bit like a bathtub"!, "Now you tell me says I, the only difference is that the water is on the outside here for the moment!, how are you going to get out of this then".
We finally got the boat (model one) and got back, I got out and Charlie and I pulled the rescue boat out with Bob in it, then rolled him out.
The other thing was Bob had given his Camera to Charlie and said take as many pictures as you can for my Forum on Model Boats Magazine, Charlie another old geezer had been pressing the on off button all the time so there was nothing on the camera only his dirty finger marks!.
Still it was all good laughs and when I said are you sure you set the speed controller up right Bob snapped "I know what I'm doing", obviously not said I, when he got home he found it wasn't even working never mind set up, that's Bob though, he is the sort that thinks reading the instructions is the sign of  homosexuality I think!.
When I was telling Marjorie about it all the next day I thought she was going to wet herself she laughed so much! Good job she wasn't there on the day, she said it sounded like something out of "Last of the Summer wine" do you remember them 3 old codgers getting up to mischief!.

It's all Esprit de Corp isn't it says Bob, he wouldn't have known I'd had it on my cap badge for three years in the Army, it's the Royal Signals Motto!, "The spirit of the Corp".
Stands for Camaraderie among a group of people.

Marjorie and I went to Son John's church on Sunday and then on to The Stable Gate at Denton for Sunday carvery roast dinner, didn't want John to think they had to invite us to dinner every time we went to his Church, then we went to Brookside Garden Centre to check up on their stock, nice day out, cold but sunny.
Had a bit of sad news later in the day as Archie the big Retriever that was part of the family for years passed away and John went up on Monday to help bury him in the garden, quite old and had a good life at Philip and Jean's I know that for sure!.

That's Archie trying to make friends with Pepe.

And here is the big fellow, centre stage here on holiday last year in St Andrews with all the family, 8 grown ups, 1 baby and 6 dogs!, can't be bad.

In the Garden centre the other day saw these two planters,
A Tug boat 

And of all things a green goddess, that brought back happy memories of when I was in the Auxiliary Fire Service, someone else must have thought it was a good idea to make a planter of this, might even get one for my garden, happy memories again hey, bit pricey though!.

A picture of my back garden new plants, framed by mate Bob


 And a new plant (centre) for the front garden


This is a hanging bird feeding table that Marjorie had given me to mend for her and I thought it needed a bit of a spruce up, so painted it and added a few for those Wheelie bin stickers, I'm glad to say it passed with flying colours!.

Well thats all for now folks
.............................................................................................








No comments:

Post a Comment