Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 22 February 2014

Every day wonders

Wonders of  every day are around us all the time, though it isn't evident if you don't notice them.
The one I notice every day at the moment is the bulb on my mantelpiece that friend Marjorie gave me for Christmas.
What started off as a small green shoot in the pot grew into this beanstalk!,


Then kept growing until the top burst open to reveal this bunch of packages,



Now it's at this stage with four great big flower heads, and the type of bulb for this beautiful thing is a Amaryllis Hippeastrum.
Bought from Aldi in a box with tub, compost, bulb and just add the three together for this result, wonderful!.
Reminds me of the film "Day of the Triffids" giving my age away now!.
Friend Bob said "Are you sure your friend didn't swop a cow for some beans from an old lady she met going to Gorton market!", don't know where he thinks them up from!.

Another little beauty is Pepe after his wash and trim on Thursday, looking smart hey!.

 After our visit to the Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre in Tarporley, Cheshire in the summer and enjoying seeing the horses with their foals running about in the fields, brought to mind another of life's wonders.
This is the introduction to the Centre.
I had been looking on the website to see when the first foals would be born this year, and to my surprise out of eight in foal four had already given birth!, so it will be a trip there very soon for us, as they will be in the barns and so will be up close.

                       

As you will have hear there are some already born and this next video on YouTube shows you the actual birth of one of them, so another wonder to see 


                       

There are other foals on the same channel to see if you are interested.


As you will see there are all sorts of offers, such as Golden Oldies day on a Tuesday when its half price for us and BOGOF in the Cafe for Soup and a Sandwich, can't be bad. But even if you are younger and have to pay full price, its still worth it in my opinion.
Well that's it for now, hope you enjoyed my present slant on life at the moment.
........................................................................

A Hippopotamus walks into a bar and asks for a beer.
"That will be £3.50 says the barman.
The hippo starts to sip his beer and the barman says, we don't get many Hippo's in here.
The hippo replies "At these prices I'm not surprised!

"Doctor every bone in my body hurts"
"Then be thankful your not a kipper".

A man went to the doctors and explained that he couldn't stop breaking wind, it was dreadful.
The doctor went away and came back with a huge long pole.
OH no  said the man.
"It's alright" replied the Doctor "I'm only going to open the window!.

It's the way I tell em!.
..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment