Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 15 September 2013

Another week gone by.

Another week gone by, doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself, or is it because you are getting older, that seems more like it!.
After dinner with Bob and Joyce on Monday it was a trip to the lake Tuesday to see who was sailing and it was the usual crowd, so won't bore you with more pictures you have already seen.
Friday it was a trip to the beauty parlour, no not for me! I think I'm a bit past that at my age, one of my pet sayings "If it's not broke don't mend it" springs to mind.
No!, it was for my Boy Pepe as I thought he would be better off with a wash and trim after the holidays on the beach, should have gone on Monday but couldn't miss the dinner at the Hare and Hounds with Bob and Joyce, so it was put back to Friday.
Whilst the lad was being dunked, went to John's just down the road to see the dogs

This is a picture taken on another day, but you can almost hear the little one saying, "Play with me Pepe, you're more my size"

Both a bit wary of the old man, what a beautiful colour Max the puppy is hey.

After that it was a visit to the Cafe in Lee's for a nice cooked breakfast and whilst having that my phone rang and I was told Pepe was ready to pick up. quick look round the Charity shops on the way back to the car was rewarded with three good books for £1.50 can't be bad, of course these will be recycled back to some other charity shop or church bazaar afterwards.


And there's the lad all trimmed and washed and the lady said he had been a very good boy.
Then as we were in the area we had a run to Dovestones to see Velda's Tree. The day had brightened up by then and we had a good walk round but not all the way round, as you can see it's a bit too far on a full stomach.

New sign near the car park
Looking towards the Indian Head forrest site 

And back to the carpark, 60p for three hours and £1.30 for all day! now that's a bargain isn't it, buttie wagon is only in attendance at weekends and school holidays though I'm told.

A trip up to the garden centre at Uppermill then for some plants to replace the summer ones that are getting past their sell by date.

Yesterday I was digging out all the old plants and ready for the new Winter pansies I'd bought, 

As you can see my garden is quite easy maintenance, but at my age still have to be careful not to do too much at once, been to too many incidents on the Ambulance Service with old folks doing too much in the garden at once!.
Well that's it for now, another good week!.
..................................................................................
An elderly man with one arm bumped into an old friend
"Where are you going", asked the friend
"To change a lightbulb"replied the one armed man.
"That will be a bit difficult for you, won't it?"
"Not really" said the one armed man "I kept the receipt!.
Boom Boom  
Its the way I tell em!.
...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment