Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 4 August 2013

The past week

Over the past week with the weather still being reasonabell and the schools breaking up it was off to the Shire Horse centre again, as I said in my last post when you pay to go in you get the following months visits free, so knowing my Sister Babs and hubby Bryan are coming over from Oz and the schools out it was a good time to get the freebie!.
So it was off to the Centre again all be it that it was with a different beautiful lady my granddaughter Ruthie, what a ladies man hey.
It was a bit different as we just got there in time for a talk by the boss man that was very interesting to me I don't know about Ruthie, it was all about the breeding process so perhaps she was a bit embarrassed about it all. 
I won't bore you with more pictures as it's like a model boat show, the second time around you seem to take the same photo's again not realising until you get home and start to edit them.
It was a good day and only a few showers to spoil it.

Just this one horse picture, she was being got ready for  the Nantwich show the next day and to my amazement they used an industrial Jet washer to clean her!.

This is Ruthie with the Olde Worlde filter setting on my camera waiting for her lunch.

And as Ruthie is into photography, showed  her the Red only filter on my camera, reminded me of the film "Schindler's List" where it kept showing you flashes of the little girl in Red, good in'nit

Yesterday was a shopping day, first a bacon buttie and then off to Ashton, where the shop I was headed for on Stamford street "Ashton Outdoors" was closing down and 30% off everything.
The shopkeeper said that Stamford street that was once the town's High street was now dead, I suppose it's like all towns that have installed a shopping mall, people don't want to walk far or get wet.
Plus the indoor market is up and running after years waiting for refurbishment after the fire and better than ever.
Ashton did try to rejuvenate Stamford street some time ago and I think gave grants for people to have their shop fronts done in a Olde World style, but charity shops are not interested with that are they.
I'm not knocking Charity shops as some of my best reading comes from them and goes back again I might add.
..................................................................
Sitting at the dinner table, a daughter complimented her father on his improved manners.
"I'm pleased to see that after all these years you have finally learned to put your hand over your mouth whenever you cough"
"I have to" he replied "Its the only way I can catch my teeth"!.    
....................................................
Thats all folks

No comments:

Post a Comment