Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Here there and everywhere

Last week Sister Babs and husband Bryan came over from Oz, a lot happier occasion than last time I must say. John and family, my new friend and of course the dogs had a trip to Dovestones forest site to show them Velda's tree, but only a short walk round the site as Bab's had injured her knee doing Yoga, I knew all this exercise isn't good for you. I'm an army veteran and with their idea's, don't stand up if you can sit and don't sit if you can lie down!, worked for me for all these years!.
In the evening it was off to the Kingfisher Pub in Greenfield for dinner where we met some more of John and Joanne's extended family, they are everywhere round there!.

This week I've been shopping and bought this great little water dish for Pepe,
As you can see it folds up and can fit in my small rucksack whilst out walking, realised the poor little thing wasn't happy drinking out of a Coffee lid, not deep enough!.
Thought of buying one for john's dogs but then thought they would think it was a frisbee, so decided not to bother.
Then it was a walk round Debdale as it looked too overcast to go all the way to Etherow, the floral displays looks well even though the cutbacks in the budgets for councils are quite severe.
Yesterday was a  trip out to Buxton, lunch at Bakewell  and then on to Matlock Bath with Marjorie and of course Pepe.


As some of you will recognize this is at Buxton, the small carpark next to the Railway pub.

This is a welcome sign in Buxton, must becoming popular if they are having printed signs like this made, there again you could take an alligator in the shops these days, anything to get you in and spending.

No problem people spending at Matlock Bath, picturesque town with nearly as many Chippy's as people and plenty of people from all over the world sightseeing 


For you information, forthcoming events at Matlock Baths, what a busy little town, remember it well from my motorbike days going there on Sundays (a mecca for bikers) with our Honda Goldwing and sidecar, none of your George and Mildred stuff for us!, we were like a dog with two tails.
..................................
Well that's all for today folks, but remember


 ..............................................................................
Bye!!.




No comments:

Post a Comment