Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Castleton, Hope and Derwent

Yesterday it was  trip out with friend Marjorie, first to Castleton via Chapel-en-le frith, down Winnats Pass into Castleton itself, as it was overcast and threatening rain it was a look round the Information Center, then into the Cafe opposite for a bite of lunch, a very nice soup (potato and leek) and a sandwich and a Coffee whilst we waited, it was quite busy, there again the schools are out!.
The heavens opened while we were indoors then eased off which gave us a chance to look round and visit the Outdoor shop I've had some good bargains in the past, we were not disappointed as Marjorie found a nice ladies Cagoule in Lime Green which suited her light colouring, "What am I saying", you'd think I was one of the effeminate guys in the fashion industry wouldn't you. 
We will certainly need a cagoule with the weather seeming to have broken a bit now, and hopefully more trips out in the future and its a long winter isn't it.
Then it was off to Hope and over the hills to Derwent Valley which was as busy as usual with cyclists and ramblers, but the Cafe was open as always with a welcome Cuppa!, so it was a look round the information centre and then a sit down whilst Marjorie had a great time watching and feeding the hundreds of ducks round the car park, which soon came running over to share in the feast. 
They were very tame and eat out of your hand!.

Jemima Puddle Duck

Seemed strange that all the ducks were females and no Males around, had noticed that at Etherow with the mandarins last week, perhaps the males were resting somewhere after a busy breeding season!.

There you are something for the children off school, mine is the wrong colour isn't it!, What a Gorrrp!.

Whilst waiting for Marjorie to get ready, I'd had a stroll round her beautiful garden and spotted all the bees hard at work, "Ahh I thought I'll see how good this phone camera is close up" 


 and I think you will agree it does a pretty good job for a camera built into a phone, just goes to show no one has any excuse these days to produce nice memories.
Reminds me of Frankie Laine's song "Making Memories", must be going soft in my old age.
Well there you have it, another nice day out shared with you!.
..................................................................................................

Two old guys in a nursing home saw a female resident run past naked!.
"Was that Doris?" said Bob, 
"I don't know" said Charlie, my eyesight isn't too good these days.
"Neither is mine" agreed Bob, What do you think she was wearing?.
"I don't know" said  Charlie, but whatever it was, it sure needed ironing!.
..............................................................................................

That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment