Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 15 April 2013

This past weekend 13/14 April 2013

Friday saw Pepe and I at Etherow again where the Baby Coots mentioned briefly in a previous post are getting a little bigger.

Mum gone foraging

She's back with some grub!.

And some for the runt of the litter.

Then it was a play out whilst Mum cleaned out the nest.

Then it was another shot of the Robin taken on an earlier trip up the top pathway
Probably the same one, as they are quite territorial aren't they.

An old bit of machinery still there and in reasonable condition after all these years, they knew how to build things in the old days didn't they!.

Then on Sunday my friend Bob and I went to the Buxton Toy Fair, we had been looking forward to it for a few weeks and we were not disappointed. Full house of stalls and quite good prices really, Entrance fee a reason-abell £2 for Old Codgers like us with a ink stamp on your hand in case you wanted to go out for anything, don't show up very well on hands like ours though with all the liver spots and wrinkles!.

On the way in Bob took a few pix's

The Opera House and Tour bus

The Old Hall Hotel, checking out the menu for lunch later, if it was good enough for Mary Queen of Scot's here it was good enough for us, then we thought she only slept here, nothing said about eating there!.


So it was a pub in the High Street for Sunday Dinner and as you can see there was plenty of it, and yes that's me without a Hat.


Bob had the same and enjoyed it as well

A few of my bargain "Eddie" purchases on the day
These are 1.76 scale of a set of 15, perhaps some more at the next show!.
Comes with watching all those Antique Road Trip programs on the telly!.
"How much are you hoping to get for these Mate" and "How much if I buy three"?. 

Bob bought me this one 1.50, thank you Bob!.

Then I spoke to a nice lady stall holder and got these two 1.50 scale for less than the price of one,
Then her husband came back and I made myself scarce, she did say they were finishing shows and getting rid of their stock though.
The Malcolm one is "Eddie's" rival and the Boddington's is my favourite tipple. 
So a good day for bargains and good company too, Bob driving meant I could have a drink as well!.

Bob's bargain of the day was this beautiful Bentley, look at the detail on that!.



One of Bob's edit's
Noticed he's in the driving seat!.

Then it was home again as we didn't fancy the walk back to the show after having walked round so much first time, not before a quick check out of the bargains at the cheap shop on the High Street though!.
....................................................................................
To-day's joke, thank's to Pam's Facebook entry. 

That's all for now folk's


3 comments:

  1. A very interesting blog, Ducky

    I really enjoyed our day out at Buxton and the show was a real eye opener

    Plenty of bargains too!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of birds as usual liking birds must run in the family although I didnt get into it until I met Bryan who has been a bird watcher from way back

    Bet you didn't finish that lunch!
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Bryan started me off at Beeston Marina when you lived there and your right, I didn't finish all that dinner!.

    ReplyDelete