Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 27 April 2013

Out and about.

With the weather getting a little bit better Pepe and I have been a bit further afield this past week.
First we went up towards the Woodhead pass and turned just past Crowden camp site to visit the Longdendale Trail.

We had a walk along the first part of the trail and noticed that they have the Life for a Life scheme going there, you remember it's where you buy a tree for a remembrance of someone, The same as I spoke about a few posts ago that I had joined for a tree for Velda.  


And here is one that seems to be doing well.
Nice views, that's the road to Woodhead in the middle of the picture.

I was told by one of the locals, (he was a self appointed warden I think) that this area of the scheme was full and United Utilities who own the land wouldn't lease any-more at the present, shame really as it seems very popular!.
On the way back via Glossop we passed the new lambs of the season.

Whilst talking to some workmen at the trail site they said they had just come from a farm that had lost 200+ sheep in the recent snows, so these are some of the lucky ones this year

So frail to be outdoors in this still cold weather

Then a bit further on saw these two choppers 
 Must be nice to fly over all the traffic jams hey.

Wednesday I went to the model boat club meeting, Pepe was well out in his bed as he'd had a long walk!.
I met a new couple there who had just joined the club and the lady was in a wheel chair and I'd met her at the lake that day and she wanted to know if I would put them an advert in the Club Website to sell her motorised Scooters, I said "send me an e-mail with all the details and a picture of same". "I can send the e-mail but not sure about sending pictures" she said.
As they only lived in Hazel Grove I agreed to go the next day after I'd had my car fixed, I'd had a recall notice from Kia about the hand brake! They fixed it the next day in about an hour and had replaced all the  fittings and new callipers on the back, nice one Premium Garage at Dukinfield!.
They have a dog wandering round the show rooms, so had plenty of company whilst I waited, must have smelt the titbits in my pocket I always carry about.

Back to the scooters, was received in Hazel Grove with a nice drink and a chat, took the pictures of the scooters and then it was out with his boat he was having trouble with as it was his first build.


Friday saw Pepe and I back at the lake for lunch and a walk round the lakes, met our good friends Bob and Joyce there and as Pepe now stay's with Joyce if Bob and I go out anywhere, Pepe was quite excited to see them!.
The goose on the club landing stage garden is still sat there on her eggs, but not seen how many she has yet, and then it was down to see how the baby Coots were doing and here they are.
Mum and dad still busy feeding them

They are getting quite big now and taking grooming lessons from the parents, got to keep those feathers waterproofed kids!.

Then back down the newly laid path to the Cafe for another drink and a toasted teacake, lovely.
Still wondering how these trees stay up with half their roots exposed.

Its a big day at our house to-day its Pepe's birthday, he's 4 years old to-day and on the way home last night bought him a new toy!.
 I think he likes it, though he is tired here after his trip out to the lakes.
....................................................................................................
Sign's

   If you are drinking to forget, please pay for your drinks in advance.

Wanted. Man to wash glasses and two waitresses.

Patrons who consider our staff uncivil should see our Manager!.

To avoid burning your hands with hot water, feel the water first before putting your hands in.
.........................................................................................
That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment