Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 22 March 2013

Past few days

Been out and about as usual, on Wednesday braved the traffic in Oldham to go to see about the "Tree for Life" scheme I mentioned in the last post, as is usually the case in Oldham at the moment the slip road I wanted to get to the Chadderton office for the scheme was closed for resurfacing!, still I got round the diversions and finally got there and in no time at all did the business with the nice ladies help there.
The outcome is, I chose a Silver Birch tree and the planting day will be in June, I'm glad about that as planting a tree in the present weather would be folly for the tree and myself as well, more on this later, nearer the time.
Whilst in Chadderton, being a nice sunny day, thought I might as well go to Chadderton Hall Park again for lunch as I enjoyed it so much last time.
Before lunch Pepe and I had a nice walk to work up an appetite, and here are some of the pix's from round the park


The flowers don't seem to mind the cold weather.



Plenty of wide open spaces.


This one looks a bit bruised and battered like Lara Croft in my Tomb Raider Xbox game!.

Then it was back to the cafe where we had Hot Pot and Red cabbage,
How good does that look, besides the set menu there is a day's special board inside and a Pensioners special as well!




Even that red bike was for sale at a very reasonable £60 I thought, not that I was interested!.

Then it was off home via Birch Services to see if there were any Eddie's there worth photographing.
And there is my best "Eddie" picture of the day, Morgan Patrica

I repeated the trip yesterday (Thursday) again, but left out the tree place, so straight to Chadderton Park but it was too cold to sit outside eating so had to put Pepe back in the car after a brisk walk, whilst I went inside, the meal was as good second time around as well.
The Birch Services was very busy and my best "Eddie" of the day was 

Mandy Jane

And if you think "Eddie's " are big what about this one!!.
............................................................................

Sign outside a Church
"Next week's speaker will be pinned on the notice board!.

One for the road could be the pint of no return

"You can't resign" said the circus manager to the human cannon ball.
"Where would I get another man of your calibre??.
...............................................................................................
That's all folk's

3 comments:

  1. Another nice blog, Duckie
    Keep up the good work

    Your pictures are excellent these days

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to get one of those breakies when we come over Pete .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see my other half has already commented, with all these meals you are planning between you I'll come home as fat as a pig!!
    Great idea about a silver birch for Velda
    Was interested that you saw a truck named Morgan, Bryans brother David has a daughter of that name that would make her your niece in law wouldnt it?
    Babs

    ReplyDelete