Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 31 March 2013

Nearly Spring

As the more observant of you will have noticed there is a change in the title heading, I know it's still quite cool, but I thought the change in the title to the Spring theme, that John had ready to go, was due as the clock's went forward last night and we are officially into Spring, thought it would cheer you up and you don't need any more icicles to look at do you!.
Monday it was the yearly car service which was a pleasant experience for a change, I got there at 11-00am (which I chose) and by 12-30 was on my way home, (after lunch at Morrison's just down the road,) and to make it better still, no charge as I'd paid for three years service and the first MOT in advance when I bought the car, was an offer I couldn't refuse.
Is this the norm these days or just this KIA garage, in the past I've had to drop it off at 8-30 and pick it up at 5-00pm which was always a pain, I mean to say they weren't all started and finished at the same time surely!.
This car is the best car I've had, in my current situation that is "One man and his Dog"
Spotting at Birch services.

No road tax, insurance £110 cheaper and £30+ pounds to fill up where as the last car was £50+, went to Scotland last year, 310 miles and got out fresh as a daisy, can't say that for some of the car's I've had in the past, AND a 7 year guarantee, mind you that won't be worth the paper it's written on if the North Koreans have their way!.

Whilst at Birch services spotting I spotted amongst others this "Eddie"
 Eva Ellen
Look in the background and there is this beautiful Blue truck, beautiful because of the art work on it!, I'm not biased.

Most of you will recognize the "Avatar" theme, driver said they have side panel's between those wheels, but only put them on to go to the truck shows. 

The main people and creatures in the film.

There was even a passenger, though he looked a bit scary!.

Another good spot on the day was Clare Louise
Glad I'm not paying for the tyres on this one, it say's in my "Eddie" Guide that the tyres cost £250 each and the average truck changes its tyres every year.

Yesterday it was off to Etherow and though there were no models on the lake, it was nice and sunny as you can see from the pictures.
The big lake

She's mine!

Reflections of a Mandarin

Nesting time for coots
Close up of nesting time

Mr & Mrs


A tree climbing chihuahua

How did I get up here?.
.....................................................................................
Asked why he smoked 80 fags a day, Sid replied 
"Coughing is the only exercise I get!.

Boat for sale, one owner, green in colour!.

The little old lady rang the telephone people and said the cord at my end is too long can you pull it back a bit at your end!.

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a coconut?
you can get a drink out of a coconut!.

That's all for now folk's
................................................................................................................

2 comments: