Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 18 March 2013

Busy Sunday March 2013

Yesterday after a visit to Etherow, where though it was quite cold the club members were out in force for the first Steering comp of this years competition.
Competitors.

There's Pepe acting as guard dog, he'll do anything for a bit of sandwich.

After that it was off up to Oldham to John and Joanne's for Sunday dinner, very nice as usual!.
Then whilst the girls watched a video of one of their previous Church camps, John and I took the dogs up to Dovestones reservoir for a walk,
Nice rolling hills

Yacht club, though not as active as Etherow

There again to be fair it was later on in the afternoon

Jessie raring too go 

The long, the short and the hat.

One of the main reason's of going there was to have a look at the Trees for life scheme they have there, which is a scheme where you can buy a tree and have an inscription on it for a loved one who has passed away, have been thinking of this for a while, so we went to see the new site that's been opened, all the others are full! so it's a popular scheme and such a nice setting!.
This is the new section, and as you can see it's right beneath Indian Head rocks, turn the picture on the side to see the Indian, no fault of mine if you put your neck out doing this (I think the proper name on the map is Wimberry Rocks or something similar)  
Looking the other way it's over the water, so would be a beautiful setting for Velda's ashes, which she would like as we've spent many happy times there.
More on this after I've made the enquiries!.

Then John took me up to the top end of Uppermill where there is a nice Cafe And its dog friendly, you can take your dog's inside or sit out on the back at tables fronting on to the canal and watch the Narra boats drifting by.
John and Joanne been there with Jessie and recommend the food, so will be giving that a visit with Pepe soon.

I've got my XBox 360 console out again and Bob and I are both playing the latest Tomb Raider 2013 Game, ( Bob on his PC) it's hard at our age, suppose the kid's have it done in no time. 

I asked Bob to put my picture onto a Lara Croft picture which he did!
NO No Bob that's not what I meant!.

That's better Bob, He's a comedian isn't he!.


...................................................................................
Education is what you get from reading the small print.
Experience is what you get from not reading it.

"Sir, I want your daughter for my wife"
"Well I'm not swapping until I've seen your wife"!.
.......................................................................... 

That's all for now folks  

3 comments:

  1. Another nice blog, Duckie

    Spring is just around the corner?, along with more frost and snow!

    Tomb Raider is very frustrating at times!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im with you Bov the first picture was the best! BnB

    ReplyDelete
  3. The body is great Pete don't know about the hat though. My birthday over Babs starts in about a hour. Not that she'll be awake to see it yet. Bryan

    ReplyDelete