Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 23 November 2012

More on the OL2

Due to the weather not being fit to put a dog out, Pepe and I have not been out in the wet and windy conditions over the past couple of days.
I've had to do the shopping and Pepe has run in and out of the back garden but that's it.
So it was a bit more modelling in the warmth of my workshop!.
All the pulleys were made up, same as these on the main gantry supports

Then it was a start made on the wheelhouse furniture,
ie Bench seat, rear control panel and the wheelhouse hatch.

It was then on to the front control panel, this was a bit tricky has there are quite a few angles involved.
The underneath of the control panel, have to get that square if nothing else.

All the parts cut out 

Then put together 

Have to admit I had to use a bit of filler in this section to get all the joints and angles right.
If you want to check if your joints are al-right, take a picture of the section, all will be revealed!.

And there's a problem! The Inspector Mr Pointy and his assistant have spotted the rough workmanship, but as I pointed out to him all these surfaces would be covered with decorative material, "Still not good enough to hide shoddy workmanship" he said, so back to the sanding!.
..............................................................................................................
If a man say's something in the woods and there is no woman around........is he still wrong?.

That's all for now Folks.
................................................................................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment