Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 6 July 2012

Bit of Narra boat

Yesterday I fitted some small magnets to the Narra boat, I was a bit concerned than the top might come off on the water, so John gave me eight small magnets that I've put in the hull and the superstructure,
Two magnets set in thin white strip at the front.

Two set in deck at the rear, these are matched by the same in the superstructure and are quite strong! 

Whilst the boat was on the work bench I cleaned off the tiller arm back to the brass and fitted the tiller arm pin,these are used to fix the extension bar for the tiller. 
I remembered from my days crewing a Narra Boat than the people on them are quite proud of their brass tillers! also the fancy bits I'd put on mine got too hot whilst drilling the brass Ooops, so I've gone for the easy option and cleaned mine up and spray lacquered it, matches the rear rails now doesn't it, Thanks for the pin George, George made me one when he saw I'd not got one at the talk we gave on our different  types of model last month. 

The new camera came yesterday as well, £108 on the net, cheaper than any shop can do, no wonder shops are going down the pan.
I bought a rail for the shower thinking Velda was coming home, it was £25 at a mobility shop and when I found out I didn't need it any more, I took it to a shop unopened and said "is this any good to you for £10", the shop keeper said "I can buy them cheaper than that!". "You should be ashamed of yourself then said I ripping off the sick and Elderly".
I took it to the St Anne's charity shop in Romiley where they are always grateful for anything you take in.

The weather isn't getting any better is it, you should be seeing plenty of these about at the moment, the garden centre's must be doing well with people replacing the food (flower's) for these big blighter's
Fred, taken with the old camera, should be abell to see the colour of it's eyes with the new one.
......................................................................................
Visual joke to-day, no joke really is it!
................................................................................................
That's all folk's 

No comments:

Post a Comment