Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Up the tower

Yesterday saw John and I at the Middleton Chapel, where we had to take down the large heavy scaffold that was holding up the Basket ball nets in the cultural hall. They were being replaced with a pair of mobile ones.
So after taking off the back boards and nets it was a case of taking down the heavy scaffolding poles that protruded out of the ceiling, by about 8ft, so we knew they would be heavy.
Team Teal then decided John would go into the roof space to see what was holding them up, it turned out that there was another scaffolding tube across the joist beams and the ones hanging down were fixed to this with scaffolding clips.
John came down to tell me what was required and was looking at the two ends of the hall and said he would be starting at the far end and the pole nearest the outside of the building, I knew instantly what he was thinking, Similar sense of humour! and then he said it "We don't want to do a Del Boy job do we"


I know you won't have forgotten the TV show with this episode, but here it is again, I laugh every time I see it.


With John in the roof space and me on the tower we got our poles down without any damage and then covered the four holes in the ceiling, turned out the poles were about 12ft long, I can say that scaffolding men must be very fit the way they throw those poles about, they are very heavy!
So it turned out a good day as we re-lamped the Hall as well.

So Team Teal success story again.
.................................................................................................................................

Cannibals are not vegetarians, they are humanitarians.

Young woman staggered in to the maturity ward and said she needed help,
Ah said the sister "Due are you" 
"No, Church of England"

Cabinet decided to have a break for lunch and went to the restaurant.
The prime minister ordered a mixed grill.
The waiter said "what about your vegetables"
"Oh they can order what they like" he replied.
.......................................................................................................
That's all folks 

No comments:

Post a Comment