Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 1 April 2012

A New Car

Yesterday I picked up my new car!
I've been thinking of changing for a while now, where as there was nothing wrong mechanically with the old one, the road tax of £210 a year for a 1.4 engine as always bugged me and the 40mpg if you were lucky with the price of fuel these days didn't help.


The advert above helped me to decide on my new vehicle.
My only concern was can I fit my boats in to it, then thought, my old friend Charlie Ricardo used to have one like this and he fitted all his boats in to his!.
The new car is zero rated for road tax, Yes ! never have to pay road tax again!, at 60 Mpg its also ticked my box and 7 years warranty was another  box ticked.
At £299 extra I got the next 3 years service and the first MOT, it was that much for the next service on the Citroen which was due in June as was the road tax again!
So all in all I got a good deal and a very good P/X for the old car.
It was a lump in the throat moment again to see "The Van" go as I used to call it, I knew it used to wind Velda up when I called it that,  as we had had many happy times in it, but when I asked the sales lady Tina  for a look at the new registration numbers availabell there were two columns of numbers with the first column mostly taken and the next one down which I would have been given had I not asked anyway was LPP ! the last three letters of my Citroen, is that an omen or what!
The oldie number

The new car and number.
Found its own way to Etherow unless Pepe told it!.
Met John there and though it was quite cold had a sail of our Jet ski's which John will no doubt put a video of on his modelling blog.
So there you have it, a new car and perhaps a good omen for the future.
............................................................................................................
Used cars are al-right , as far as they go!

He had a stereo system in his car for years. His wife in the front and her mother in the back

Fred got behind in his car repayments and in an effort to try and shame him into paying the hire purchase company wrote "What would your neighbours think if we came and repossessed your car , to which he replied "Dear Sir's, I took the matter up with my neighbours and they reckon it would be a lousy trick"
..........................................................................
That's all folks 

6 comments:

  1. And a very nice car it is too. Not to late to sign up for the A-Z challenge. This post covers the first letter for today "A" new car :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Duckie
    We like your new car!
    Looks very sporty!

    Bob and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, as you can see I've signed up for the A-Z bloggers challenge, the idea is to write a blog each day for the month of April, starting to-day with "A" for a new car, and then every day except the Sunday's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new car!
    It looks like a fun ride to zip around in!
    Your pup is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not a puppy really, he's 3 years old this month, he's a long haired chihuahua crossed with a gannet!
      Nice read on your blog yesterday!

      Delete
  5. What a cute car! Love the color. We are talking cars, but so far talking is all.

    ReplyDelete