Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 17 March 2012

Next project

Though I've said in an earlier blog I won't be starting the next project until I've finished the present one I thought I would make the stand so the hull would be abell to sit on it and not get twisted sat in the box. 
So it was round to Pal Bob's who kindly and nicely cut out the pieces for me with his Band Saw.

Parts and patterns

Then it was home and after a good rub down put it all to-gether


Rubbed down and assembled 
Because as Bob said "Its rubbish Chinese ply", I then covered the raw ends with veneer, now its just a case of paint or varnish??, I like the varnish better really!.

So in case you hadn't guessed the new project will be the Model Slipway "Our Lass 11" 
Had a quick read of the destructions and plans and read the review in Model Boats magazine in 2010 but that's as far as I'm going at the moment, other that painting or varnishing the stand. 
.............................................................................................
To-day after the shopping at Gorton Market, I took Pepe to Debdale park and as it was nice and sunny, when I got back decided it was time I put the new gate on! the side post's had been put in last week and the thought of Pepe getting out was a worry. So it was out with the new Impact driver and started to put on the new gate and would you believe it, it started to hailstone, so then it was a case of running in and out between the showers to finish the job.

Nice in'it 
Need the beware sign on the gate as someone might fall over Pepe.

So all in all a good day, not much of a rest I promised myself after a few days helping John, but if you are enjoying it, that's a rest it it's self isn't it and its forecast rain to-morrow so I can rest then can't I.
......................................................................................................
Two drunks were about to board a train when they saw a sign "Dogs must be carried"
"Hold it" said one, "where are we going to get a dog at this time of night?"

The Mexican fireman was the proud father of twin boys.
He called one Jose and the other Hose B.

Boom Boom! 
.......................................................................................................

That's all folks 

No comments:

Post a Comment