Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Finishing off

Friday found Pepe and I at Daisy Nook Country Park having a bit of lunch and a stroll round to stretch his belly ready for his dinner. 

Cafe and information Area

Play Boat shape of a Narra Boat

One of the lakes, bit smaller than Etherow!

Steps down to the river

New Play area since I was last there.
There was such a lot of hassle to get anything out of the Gated area at the garden centre round the corner that I didn't buy anything there, See what you wanted, go and pay for it at the main till and then find someone to open the gates!! what a way to do business!.
Back home found another bit of rot on the top of the last panel, usually the way isn't it so it was another cannibalise from a couple of the down strips I'd bought (in case) so those haven't been wasted.
Last repair
Another feature of the garden is the back gate, which as you can see has a mirror frame set in it so it looks like the garden is a lot longer than it is.
I found the fence paint I was looking for at Daisy Nook the next day on the internet at Homebase!
There it was down as £15.99 and buy one get one half price, so on the way to Etherow yesterday called in and was pleasantly surprised, the shelf price didn't mention any offers but when I asked the guy at the counter to scan it he came up with £12.97  and one at £6.40!! so that was nice in this day of rising prices, just shows you, you have to shop round and the service was good as well. I will be shopping there again, though not at Daisy Nook!
We had a nice couple of hours at the lake, no sailing, but a chat with Commodore Chris, Glyn Wyche and later on  when they had gone another sailor Ron Hadfield came, he left a hull and deck of a boat in the top box and its free to a good home!
So the fencing finished at last. Then it was another coat of Red on the boat which is looking good now,


 perhaps give it another swish over to-day and that should be it, unmask it and hopefully no over or should I say under spray on to the green.
.................................................................................................
Why do we put cars worth thousands on the street and fill our garages will useless junk?

Why do people order double cheeseburgers,large fries and a diet Coke?

Why is it you can get a pizza to your door quicker than an ambulance?

Why do they leave doors open in banks and then chain pens to the counter?
.................................................................................
That's all folk's did you remember to put your clocks forward ? 


1 comment:

  1. Its not a proper blog post without the obligatory picture of Pepe, sat up to a table with a bacon butty ;)

    ReplyDelete