Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 9 March 2012

Day in Ashton-u-Lyne

Early in the week I decided to go to Ashton to a shop on Stamford street that does bitz and bobz for people who do their own Christmas and Birthday cards, I picked put some vinyl  lettering at 50p per sheet or £1 for 3 sheets, at that price you can't go wrong can you, anyway what I don't use my lovely younger granddaughter will be glad of, as she is one of the a-fore mentioned people.
The car was looking a bit sad so it was off to the car wash then.

Showroom fit now

just showing off the zoom.

One thing I never realised is that there is an Arcade on Stamford Street not that its doing much with the precinct and the market round the corner!
cafe in there, but didn't sample their bacon butties


How did this escape the health and safety nuts, its in one of the side pedestrian walks from Stamford Street to the Market Place, a blind person could fall over that, unless there is a Braille plaque above it hey, could be that daft couldn't they, put on a slant of course so the blind person could read it on the way down!!, Mine and John's sense of humour is the same!.

Pepe and I then had a visit to Debdale and the spring flowers are a bit confused as they are all thinking its spring, but on the way home from Johns on Wednesday it was like a blizzard, snow and hailstones that I though  was going to crack the windscreen.


 The growler here is growling at a dog that he could kill if he got stuck in its throat 
Because he's the same colour as a lion he thinks he is one

Then it was home to do a bit of painting on the Narra Boat

Side panels masked off

Trying the newish Frogtape as shown, quite good but doesn't go round corners very well, still its for decorators so perhaps they aren't too bothered about that.
Green finished 


Hope it didn't go on my washing!
Edges could do with another coat perhaps?

Had problems getting another can of Plasticote of this colour but we pass a lot of B&Q's on our travels so managed to get one at Oldham Branch after others were sold out. I had visions of re-painting everything  a different green, but all's well that ends well.

That's all folks

Ps anyone want any 4ft and 6ft lighting tubes, let me know! free to a good home!

No comments:

Post a Comment