Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 12 February 2012

Past week

Over the past week I've not been doing much, though I did help John with a fitted kitchen for a couple of days and then it was down to the fish shop on Thursday to get a couple of fish now the tank has settled in a bit.
I was advised to just get a couple of pair of fish at this stage to see how they went on in the new environment, so no hard sell there, which is good as they seem to have the fishes welfare in mind, as well as my money!.
The tank clearing nicely
In front and centre a pair of Tuxedo Platys
And here are a pair of Mickey mouse platys, named after the black markings at the end of their tails
The fish minded of you out there will notice that there is 1 male and 3 females, this is intentional  as it stops the females being chased too much.
I went to the fish shop yesterday again and bought some more plants, bad idea as after I'd put in the new plants, it must have upset the fish as I've not seen much of them since, still they are still there and not buried under the new piece of bogwood 

On the boat building front, this morning I've coated the boat superstructure with sanding sealer and opened the window in the room and shut the door, so hopefully when I get home from John's the smell will have dispersed a bit.
As you can see all the outside holes masked off, ready for the first coat of undercoat.

Then it was on to some more painting, this time it was the new posts for the front gate which has finally given up after being re-glued and screwed over the past few month's, so its a few coats of stainer varnish for the posts and new gate over the next few days and then perhaps John when he is passing one day will help me put it all to-gether with his more powerful drills and drivers, mine are no good for this type of work , in fact I think they are well passed their sell by date.
Not much of interest for you this week but perhaps next week will be better.
.....................................................................................................................
Bumper stickers
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
My karma ran over your dogma.
This is not an abandoned vehicle!.
The floggings will continue until morale improves.
Rap music is what Paint by numbers is to art.
Boldly going nowhere.
I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.
......................................................................................................

That's all folks!.

No comments:

Post a Comment