Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 30 October 2011

Aussie's in town

Friday I met my sister at the airport, wonderful to see her and her hubby again its been 5 or 6 years since they last visited! could have been in happier circumstances though.  
Yesterday we all went to John's for the day and after a buffet lunch John took us to the local beauty spot where John's wife Joanne was brought up in Greenfield , Just like "Last of the summer wine" which was filmed just up the road in Holmfirth

The car park

Beats the usual farm gates doesn't it

Bryan,Babs and John passing the sailing club,Quite windy.

Pepe and Ruth, Smell the rabbits Pepe!

Autumn with Indian Head in the background, if you can't make it out the next picture will make it plainer.

Rotate your PC 90% anti-clockwise at this point!

3 Generations, still windy at this point.

Rustic wall 

At this point I had a lump in my throat as big as that mountain in the background, as I've had many a picnic there with Velda over the years, that darn grit got in my eyes again.

This is known locally as "The devils Tongue" and yes that's Ruth and Babs at the top, why did that old Dean Martin song spring to mind, can you guess which one? yes that's it "Young and Foolish", only kidding Babs.

And a last word from Pepe

So it was back to John's, tired,windblown but everyone ready for our takeaway

"Garlic Bread??", as Peter Kay used to say

No, it was a nice Chinese! 
During the day discovered a nice snack food I liked!

Have to check if they do smaller bags though.

Then it was back to the hotel for the Aussie's to catch up with their jet lag.

2 comments:

  1. A nice little story, Duckie

    Must have been quite nostalgic for you all

    All the Peter and family

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have lots of family around you right now.
    The scenery is just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete