Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 6 June 2011

Chimneys again

On Saturday got an e-mail off Bob to say that the smaller chimney he had made was ready to be collected, can't complain about that service can you, 24hrs and already to pick up.
Bob said bring the large chimney round he had made earlier as he thought it would be better with the lower collar slightly raised so it could be set into the roof and make it firmer so it couldn't be knocked off so easily.



As this one clearly shows


Little and Large.

So here are both chimneys, finished and painted, had to re-paint the bigger one of course as soldering the flange on higher meant the paint had to be removed on that one, still no big deal and certainly worth it to get such a pair of beauties
On arriving home had an e-mail waiting that knocked the wind out of my sails a bit, one of our club members Graham Harling had passed away, and he was the nicest gentleman you could ever wish to meet, and a master craftsman.

That's his boat "The Lilly" from Windermere at the top of the club blog 

 Bet he was looking over our shoulders whilst Bob was soldering!


No comments:

Post a Comment