Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Toilet Again

Toilets not a nice subject, but we all use them don't we, even the posh people, but it must be quite cold sat on a gold seat hey.
When I'd set-up the bathroom I realised that on Narra Boats they don't have toilets with cisterns like we have at home, and the space was a bit cramped for the knees anyway, so it was back to the drawing board.

Toilets these days are now cassette or pump out type, gone are the days of straight into the river or canal! thank goodness.
Chemical type sold these days.

So a bit of scratch building was in order, Should have done that in the first place you might say, but I have tried to keep the things bought to a minimum .

First it was a container about the right diameter.



This was cut down to size and wrapped with a piece of Plasticard, glued and clamped. 



Cut to depth required and back added.



Top on and edges smoothed out, don't want any cut bums, then cassette added, 



Then painted, flush button and stripes added, and seat changed over.



As you can see, gains a lot more space and a lot more authentic.
So out of the bathroom set I bought at the shop still used the basin, loo brush and toilet  seat, so not all a loss.
I made the kitchen basin, but the bathroom basin was a Bridge Basin too far for me.
New toilet without seat free to good home!!
.........................................................................................................
Fred was determined to keep healthy in his old age,and when he turned 60 he decided to walk five miles a day,. He has now reached John-o-groats.
..................................................................
DO not complain about growing old.
Many are denied the privilege. 
...............................................................................
Old Pete went for his annual medical check up. "your hearing is getting worse," said the doctor.
"You will have to cut out drinking, smoking and sex."
"What ?" cried Pete in alarm, " Just so I can hear better"
.................................................................................................

That's all for to-day folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment