Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Etherow Country Park Sailing Club

After the model club had been invited to the Yacht club launch of their new rescue boat we decided to go and represent the Model Boat club,so we have an early dinner at the cafe and then walked Pepe round the park,then got to the launch for the 1-30pm start of the event.
There was music and lots of chatting whilst their members got out the different types of yachts and gave a demo of the sailing of them. then the rescue boat was named and doused with champagne as you will see on the video!  


Then there was a demo of the use of the boat in a couple of mock rescues!

We had an invite to the buffet which was a good spread and a toast to the new boat.

We then went back to our lake and had a sail with some of the other members that had turned up plus a new family signed up there and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment