Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 26 March 2011

More superstructure work

Over the past couple of days I've been putting together the superstructure, the four inserts were done using this method to get the right angles right on one side and then adding the other side whilst on the deck to ensure a good fit.

Getting angles right




Ends on



Then it was off to Debdale Park with Pepe for some fresh air and exercise, for him not me !.


Side view


Front end view

While it looks almost finished there is still a lot more to do on the interior !
After varnishing the interior I intend to add ornaments and pictures on the walls, but there again ideas overtaking the actions again.

Found this floor plan on a website for real narrow boats and thought it would be a good starting point




So did a rough plan on the floor of my boat, not every clear but it will become clearer as the interior build progresses


Watch this space.


On a lighter note did you hear of the bloke who went into a pet shop and asked for a parrot "it has to be a big red and green one, exactly like the one in Treasure Island " said the customer explaining that he was going to the  Arts Fancy Dress Ball as Long John Silver.
The proprietor said he could get such a parrot if he called back on Wednesday.
"Oh not Wednesday,That's the day I'm having my leg off"


He was so dumb he thought that Polyunsaturated was a parrot in a raincoat!

That's all folks



2 comments:

  1. Nice model, Duckie

    I like your windows and the colour scheme....Very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not the finished colour scheme Bob, it will be the green carrying on from the hull up and over the roof and red inside the panels and the front and back panels. Plus the canal art work of course. The windows have come out well I thought after a bit of a bad start!.

    ReplyDelete