Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Curtain Rods

We went to Etherow yesterday and whilst Velda sailed her Yellow launch Zephyr, I sailed my Micro magic yacht.

Click here

There was a good crowd there and we had a good chat, lunch at the cafe and took Pepe round the lake for a good walk.


A pair of Chinese Swan geese had laid 8 massive eggs on the top level of the club garden, whether they will hatch out is debatable as they didn't sit on them while we were there so might have gone too cold. We aren't short of wildfowl at Etherow Country Park are we though.






This is the male

This is a Chinese Swan Goose if you've seen them round the park and didn't know what they were.


When I got home I did a bit of work on the Narra Boat, I have made the roof rails out of brass and with the brass balls Bob has made for me at the ends will look quite striking, so I had the original 3mm wooden rod from the kit surplus so with some brass innards from electric cable blocks have made the curtain rails,  finally got to the title subject hey!.



Just got to make another 7 pairs now, and then Velda is going to make the curtains, as I told her no heavy material to throw about so will be easy !! (she will find out the truth eventually)


No comments:

Post a Comment