Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 11 September 2010

Running gear in

Yesterday went well with the running gear fitted, with such a short prop shaft it didn't take much lining up
As you can see I use cable tidies to secure the motor to the mount, not seen it before but thought if its strong enough to hold stroppy prisoners its going to be strong enough for my purpose and its never let me down use this idea on all my boats. It beats fiddling with screws in a confined space and easily replaceable. The only thing is you've got to plan for it in the build to get a space under the mount !
As you can see I've put in the steering servo mount, didn't use the platform from the kit but went down the road used by Glyn Guest in his review of this kit in Model Boats a few years ago.
The rudder mount went in next and the small  wooden mount was already in the kit, a nice little feature in the kit.
Whilst these items were setting I finished the front well deck ! and see the long view of the boat, No that's not the final ballast inside, only weighted to keep boat flat until I get the rest of the formers in.
All in all a good day's modelling

2 comments:

  1. Very neat and tidy work ! Did you need a prop shaft ? :) you could almost have stuck the prop straight on the motor !!

    Will you be needing the use of my bath soon for floatation tests?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea about your bath I'd not thought of that.

    ReplyDelete